Once you’ve lived long enough you start to notice that life comes with lots of upsets and loss and disappointments. Of course there are good times and joys, but unfortunately, no one ever escapes hardship and loss. As you know, my husband’s recent setback with his health threw me for a loop. He’s doing better now, thank God.
So even though life can be tough, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t still strive to enjoy life and be happy. Making the best of what you have and living life being positive and upbeat turns good times into great times, and helps keeps you going when things seem bleak.
In that spirit, today I’d like to share 21 motivating and thought-provoking quotes on enjoying life. I hope you’ll find something inspiring and helpful for you today.
1. You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.
― Elizabeth Gilbert
2. In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.
― Gordon B. Hinckley
3. Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.
― Benjamin Franklin
4. “What day is it?”
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh.
― A.A. Milne
5. I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.
― Rita Mae Brown
6. We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.
― Bill Watterson
7. When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
― Marcus Aurelius
8. Do anything, but let it produce joy.
― Walt Whitman
9. And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
― Abraham Lincoln
10. Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead.
― Hans Christian Andersen
11. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
12. Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
― Wayne Dyer
13. The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.
― Audrey Hepburn
14. Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.
― Eckhart Tolle
15. Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.
― Emily Dickinson
16. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
― Friedrich Nietzsche
17. Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
― Vivian Komori
18. Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do.
― Byron Katie
19. Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.
― Ernest Hemingway
20. You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.
― William W. Purkey
21. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
― Albert Einstein
Wishing you well and hoping you always remember to try to enjoy your life and savor the moments! What is your favorite inspirational quote?
xo, Lisa Arcelia
Thank you for reading!
If you enjoyed this post, get updates from me. It’s FREE 🙂